Our CEO Stedman Ellis is currently featured on the Innovation News Network platform, giving readers an overview of how a diversified battery industry could offer a $7.4bn opportunity for Australia.
Stedman references the ‘Future Charge: Building Australia’s Battery Industries’ report which was produced by Accenture and recently released.
The report identified six key opportunities six opportunities for Australia to expand its presence across the battery value chain:
- Continue to invest and expand the refining capacity of locally mined materials;
- Establish active materials manufacturing capability to serve the global value chain;
- Establish battery pack manufacturing and assembly capability focusing on specialised use cases;
- Establish cell manufacturing capability to complement battery pack manufacturing and assembly activities;
- Leverage domestic capability in integration and maintenance to export services to the region; and
- Create a circular economy for battery materials.
Learn how the FBICRC’s research program of 15 projects is bringing together 68 participants across industry, research and governments to ensure Australia plays a leading role in the global battery revolution by reading the full article.