Another year, another battery powered trip around the sun for the team at Future Battery Industries Cooperative Research Centre. View our video highlights reel HERE.
Just some of many highlights this year:
1. Launched our landmark Charging Ahead report in the nations’ capital thanks to our wonderful sponsors BASF, IGO Ltd, South32 and Calix Limited.
3. Welcomed delegations from the US U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the UK Consul and more.
4. Contributed to the Critical Minerals and National Battery Strategies, the Queensland and WA Battery and Critical Minerals Strategies, National Science Priorities, Advanced Manufacturing Enquiry, and many more.
5. Built new capabilities – exceeded our student target (48 new leaders), conducted three successful masterclasses, celebrated International Women’s Day with our wonderful researchers, and released multiple reports and informational videos about the work of the CRC starring our amazing research team.
6. Forged new international relationships. Signed MoU’s with the US National Renewable Energy Laboratory and Indonesia’s National Battery Research Institute.
7. Participated in WA Premier Roger Cook’s 130 strong trade delegation to Indonesia, and Australian Trade and Investment Commission (Austrade)’s trade mission to India.
8. Welcomed Rio Tinto to our community of participants.
9. Delivered positive results from our research program delivering new technology, capabilities and facilities for the benefit of industry.
10. Celebrated industry wins: IGO Ltd/Tianqi Lithium Corporation produced first battery grade lithium hydroxide; increased renewables at BHP Billiton Nickel West Pty Ltd, Magellan Power launched 4R battery program; Thorion launched integrated remote power; Vecco Group and Australian Vanadium Limited delivered vanadium electrolyte plants; MCi Carbon won awards for their technology. And much more.
11. Successful in Round 1 of the Powering Australia Industry Growth Centre process and launched a bid to become the Energy Storage CRC.
We are taking a short break and look forward to an ever bigger and better 2024!